Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I must be boring.

I've decided. I must be boring. I read everyone's cute blogs and they have such cute themes. I have a done-that list (opposite of a to-do list). I don't have cute, witty comments to share. I did have one of the busiest weekends ever. So, as long as I have nothing else to blog about, I'll update my done-that list.

Thursday was the preview night for the first 400 contributors to the big semi-annual consignment sale. I camped out in a grocery store parking lot, sleeping in the back of my van, to be one of the first contributors. I was # 106, thank you very much! That meant I got to go in at 4:00 with the first 200 people. I was almost finished shopping by the time #s 201 - 400 were allowed in. Forget about the other 2,000 people that weren't allowed to come in until Saturday. Camping out was totally worth it. I got bed rails so I can move Scarlett to a big girl bed (sometime down the road), a new table for the kitchen area for her to color/play Play-Doh, a new stroller, tons of shoes, and several pieces of clothing. I forgot to go to the sock/tights area but I was too tired and my arms were too full after all that shopping.

I took Friday off from work. The plan was to take Scarlett and go play with Mimi and Mrs. Paula. When I called mom on Thursday evening to report on all my finds at the sale, she informed me that Mrs. Paula would love to see my house on Saturday. Scratch playing from the list. I spent all day Friday cleaning. Don't get me wrong. My house is neat. It's just not "give a tour" clean.

Friday night, Scarlett, Skyler, Jeremy, & I all went to the Vestavia football game. Skyler had to play with the high school band. It was crowded and loud and fairly miserable. I can't remember the last time I was surrounded by that many pubescent kids. I now fully understand why my parents never came to a high school football game. I think that might be the last one for me for a long time.

Saturday, Mrs. Paula came and toured our beautifully cleaned house. We all went to eat with Mimi & Big Joe and then Mrs. Paula went back to Jacksonville. It was a short visit but it was great to see her.

Sunday, we again skipped church. At least I have a good excuse this time. We went to Homestead Hollow's fall festival in Springville. We all had a blast. It's only one weekend every year. I didn't realize it was this weekend until Saturday night. I can't explain what made it so much fun. Jeremy and Skyler went with a less-than-great attitude but within 10 minutes they were both loving it. There's something about the fresh air, carnival food smells, and handmade crafts that just put you in a family mood. Everyone got along and we all had a blast. Both kids fell instantly asleep as soon as we got in the car to come home. It was good, wholesome, clean air fun. I hope this will become a family tradition.

No comments: