Thursday, October 2, 2008

Elmo comes to town

Sesame Street Live came to town last weekend. I found out about it early and got tickets for Scarlett & me plus my friend Kristy and her 2-year old daughter, Emma. Scarlett and Emma are big buddies and the four of us always have a great time together.

The girls knew we were going to see Elmo and that's all they talked about all the way to the Civic Center. We got there and walked around the concourse a little, looking at all the vendors. About 3 minutes before show time, we went to find our seats. We were on the 2nd row, dead center. We had the best seats in the house.

Emma was in heaven, running back and forth between me and Kristy, yelling about Elmo coming, and just basically having a blast. Scarlett was a little more subdued. She would not sit in her own chair but I had expected that. She was doing okay until they brought the lights down. Then she freaked out. She turned and buried her head in my chest and held on for dear life. She is so my child! We don't like new things or unexpected things. We have to understand how & why before we can truly enjoy something. Scarlett relaxed as the show went on. She was really excited to see Oscar and she sang along to the ABC song. She danced in my lap even when she wasn't looking.

After it was over, I asked her if she had fun, thinking she would say no. She loved it! She went on and on about who sang what and all the pretty lights. I guess enjoyment can come in different packages.

No comments: